June 17, 2020 – The Northwest Florida Water Management District has re-opened its recreation sites and camp sites previously closed by concerns from COVID-19.
The list of openings includes Williford Spring and Pitt/Sylvan Spring springs day-use recreation sites. The sites at Williford and Pitt and Sylvan springs will resume normal operating hours (8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week).
It also includes the following reservable camp sites:
- Rattlesnake Lake North (Econfina Creek Water Management Area)
- Sparkleberry Pond (Econfina Creek WMA)
- Lost Lake (Choctawhatchee and Holmes Creek WMA)
- Mystic Springs #9 Group site (Escambia River WMA)
- Otto Hill (Perdido River WMA)
Reservations can be made by visiting the Camping Reservation System. (Note: Use Google Chrome to make reservations.)
CDC guidelines on social distancing and group sizes (no more than 50 visitors) will be enforced.