A wonderful holiday tradition in South Walton continues as Eden Gardens State Park Wesley House lights up for the holidays. Tours of the Wesley House are Thursday – Monday from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m., every hour on the hour. The Christmas decorations will be up through Dec. 31. The rest of the park is open 7 days a week.
Enjoy the walk through the luminaries and a candlelight tour from 5 – 8 p.m. on Dec. 14, 2019. Take a free tour of the house and admire the beautifully decorated rooms, each decorated in different themes by local businesses and organizations.
• The Friends of Eden invite you to join them in the Pavilion for refreshments after viewing the house.
• This yearly event is sponsored by Florida Park Service and the Friends of Eden – donations to the Friends will be appreciated.
• The ladies of Destin Woman’s Club have decorated the downstairs entryway, upstairs hallway, and staircase with the theme of a “A Christmas Carol”.
• Members of Green Thumb Garden Club of Santa Rosa Beach have decorated the Parlor to the theme of “Bloom where you Live”.
• The ladies of Impact 100 wish everyone a “Blessed Holiday Season” in the Dining room.
• Members of the Pt. Washington Historical Society are planning on “A Christmas Wedding” in the Library.
• Going up the stairway decorated by Destin Woman’s Club, the upstairs Sun porch is decorated as a “Victorian Christmas” by the members of Seagrove Garden Club.
• The Blue Bedroom has been decorated by Melissa Webster of Chautauqua Winery with the theme of “Family Memories”.
• Across the hall, in the Pink Bedroom, “Christmas Greetings” has been created by Happy Helium of Destin.
• Moving on down the hallway, is the Children’s bedroom by the youngest members of our decorating team – the children of South Walton Montessori Academy with the theme of “A Children’s Christmas”.
• And finally to the Red Bedroom, where Jacque Lane, Jill Benzer, and Rebecca Glosson from Bungalow Home & Life decorated the room by saying “and a Good Night to all.”
Members of Pt. Washington Historical Society will again set up all the luminaries – the supplies for the luminaries are made possible thru the generous support of Red Bar’s Ollie & Louie Petit, Bud & Alley’s Dave Rauschkolb, and Cafe Thirty-A’s Harriet Crommelin.
The parks website is http://www.floridastateparks.org/edengardens
$4.00 per vehicle
$2.00 for Bikes and Peds
$4.00 per adult house tour, children free
Eden Gardens State Park is located in Point Washington, off U.S. 98 on C.R. 395.
For more information, call (850) 267-8320.
181 Eden Garden Road, Point Washington, Fl. 32459 ::MAP::