Tour the house every Thursday – Monday
Eden Gardens State Park and the Friends of Eden invite you to join them for a tour of the Wesley house this holiday season. Each of the rooms of the historic house have been decorated in a holiday theme by local volunteers.
Tours of the Wesley House are available Thursday – Monday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., every hour on the hour. The house is closed Tuesday and Wednesday for maintenance. The park is open 7 days a week.
On Dec. 17, enjoy the Candlelight Tour from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., with a traditional walk through the luminaries to the Historic Wesley House to enjoy it’s beautifully seasonally decorated rooms and be greeted by Civil War re-enactors in period garb. After the tour is completed, the Friends of Eden will be providing refreshments in the pavilion and the reenactors will welcome you to the small encampment on the North lawn of the house beyond the Reflecting Pool. It’s an evening meant to be enjoyed by all who attend. Donations to the Friends of Eden Gardens are welcome and appreciated. To volunteer or for additional information call the park office at (850) 267- 8322. Fees: Admission fees to the park and the event are waived.
Directions: Eden Gardens State Park is located in Point Washington, off U.S. 98 on C.R. 395. For more information, call (850) 267-8320. 181 Eden Garden Road, Point Washington, Fl. 32459 ::MAP::
This year’s room decorations were provided by:
• Betsy Stout-Jones and Becky Bruce with Green Thumb Garden Club – The Parlor.
• Kathy Carpenter and the Point Washington United Methodist Women’s Group – Dining Room
• Marge Crawford and Linny Delayhoussee with the Historic Point Washington Association – Library
• Karen Kolenberg and the Custom House – Upper Floor Back Porch
• Tim Ryan for Botaniq Floral Studio – Red Bedroom
• Barby Parks for the Sacred Heart Hospital Guild and Gift Shop – Children’s Bedroom
• Tara Stacey – a new decorator in our area – Pink Bedroom
• Pat Ferrell and the ladies of the Flying Needles Quilt Guild – Blue Bedroom
• Lynn Lake and Lynn Bryant for the Destin Women’s Club – Staircase and Landings
• Jillian Doyle with the theme of “Holly Christmas” – Back Porch