Walton Outdoors and the Walton County 4-H Program announce Explore The Outdoors Festival at Camp Timpoochee 4-H Center on Sat. Oct. 9, 2010 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Join us for a day of fun filled activities for youth 6 and up and adults. Discover the wonders of the outdoors right here in Northwest Florida. Activities will include:
• Kayaking instruction with Karl Renelt of Into The Wild Eco Diversion.
• Fishing, casting and ethics with Bass Pro Shop fishing pro Tony Bigot and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Enter the casting contest and win a rod/reel combo and tackle box!
• Stand up paddle boarding with YOLO Board! Learn how to enjoy this fun sport.
• Wildlife presentation with Nonie’s Ark. Learn all about critters and the things they do.
• Nature walks with wildlife biologist Joe Wyatt. Learn about the plants, trees and critters along the trail.
• Archery – Learn about archery safety and how to shoot a bow and arrow with 4-H.
• Wildlife ambassadors with Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge.
• Sea life presentations with a touch tank with the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance.
• Forest ecology with the Florida Dept. of Agriculture Division of Foresty along with Smokey The Bear.
• A turtle and Choctawhatchee dune mouse exhibit with the folks from Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
• Learn to about geo caching as you search for special places with clues.
Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and drinks will be available. This fun event is free and open to the public. Donations will be accepted at the door. Registration and adult supervision is required. Register at the administration hall when you enter.
You can also download the flyer by clicking here
Camp Timpoochee 4-H Center is a camping retreat owned by the University of Florida 4-H Foundation with acres of live oaks and nature trails along the Choctawhatchee Bay on the Walton/Okaloosa County line. ::MAP::
For more information, contact Lori Ceier, event organizer via email at: email@example.com or at (850) 267-2064 or Suzanne Wilson 4-H Youth Development Agent at (850) 892-8172.