On April 1, the Walton County Board of County Commission Administration Department will begin the submission period for their annual beach driving permit lottery. Each year, the county issues 150 permits via the beach driving permit lottery. The in-person submission deadline for inclusion into the lottery will be close of business on May 8th. Applications will be accepted online through May 10th at midnight.
Applications will not be accepted unless all eligibility requirements are met and all documentation is provided at the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the lottery draw.
In order to qualify to be entered into the lottery, the following documents must be submitted in the name of the applicant at the time of application:
- Proof of full-time residency (Driver’s License with Walton County address or Walton County Voter’s Registration)
- Copy of Driver’s License (if using voter registration card as proof of residency)
- Copy of Voter Registration (if not a property owner)
- Proof of real property ownership (if property owner)
- Proof that property taxes are current (if property owner)
- Current 4-wheel drive vehicle registration (registered in the State of Florida, in applicants name, 4×4)
- Completed 2015 lottery application
- Copies must be provided by applicant, and will not be made on behalf of the applicant
Lottery applications will be available on the County’s website beginning April 1st at 12:01am and may be submitted in one of three ways
- Obtain an application from County Administration or the South Walton Annex Planning Department and complete and return it with the required documents to either location.
- Download and complete the application and return it, along with required documents, to the County Administration office or South Walton Annex Planning Department.
- Submit an application online by completing the web form and attaching required documents. (Link will be active on April 1st at 12:01am – http://www.co.walton.fl.us/
FormCenter/Administration-3/ 2014-Beach-Driving-Permit- Lottery-Applic-49)
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is correct and provided at the time the application is submitted. We will not contact the applicant regarding missing, expired, incorrect or other documentation submitted with the application that renders the applicant ineligible for the lottery drawing. You may contact Administration at 850.892.8155 to verify entry after submission.
If you should have any questions, please contact the Department of Administration at 850-892-8155.