On April 1st, the Walton County Board of County Commission Administration Department will begin the submission period for their annual beach driving permit lottery. Each year, the county issues 150 permits via the beach driving permit lottery. The submission deadline for inclusion into the lottery will be close of business on May 10th.
In order to qualify to be entered into the lottery, the following documents must be submitted in the name of the applicant at the time of application:
• Proof of full-time residency (Driver’s License with Walton County address or Walton County Voter’s Registration)
• Copy of Driver’s License
• Copy of Voter Registration (if not a property owner)
• Proof of real property ownership (if property owner)
• Proof that property taxes are current (if property owner)
• Current 4-wheel drive vehicle registration (registered in the State of Florida)
• Completed 2013 lottery application
Lottery applications will be available on the County’s website beginning April 1st at 12:01am and may be submitted in one of three ways:
1. Obtain an application from County Administration or the South Walton Annex Planning Department and complete and return it with the required documents to either location.
2. Download and complete the application and return it, along with required documents, to the County Administration office or South Walton Annex Planning Department.
3. Submit an application online by completing the web form and attaching required documents.
If you should have any questions, please contact the Department of Administration at 850-892-8155.