Walton County is currently in the process of finalizing the debris removal planning process to facilitate the pick-up of storm related debris throughout Walton County.
The following steps should be taken if you have debris to be removed from your location.
- Contact Walton County Emergency Management via email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the need for debris removal. Please include the following:
- Name, Address, Phone and a brief description of debris.
- Over the coming days, WCEM, in coordination with Walton County Public Works, will be develop a debris removal plan that will include dates of pick-up for specific locations within the County.
- Once the dates and locations have been finalized, the County will release that information along with the specifications of how debris should be placed for different types of debris. Residents should separate the following storm related debris:
- Treated wood material (dock material, decking, pilings, fencing, etc.)
- Vegetative Yard Waste – leaves, small sticks containerized in plastic bags (see through bags preferred)
- Vegetative Yard Waste – tree limbs, stumps, trunks. 6-12 feet in length
- Bulk material – carpets, furniture, construction debris (wood trim, drywall, etc.)
- No hazardous waste or electronic materials will be collected during this process.