Walton County tax collectors office is now offering beach driving permit renewals. Effective June 1, only real property owners in Walton County will be issued renewals. Those owners also must already have an existing permit in their name on Jan. 12 of this year. Vehicles must be four wheel drive and titled in the name of the permit holder.
Additional requirements include:
• Permit applicants must own real property in Walton County with a habitable residence constructed on it. (If a Walton County resident, immediate family members residing with the property owners may obtain the permit if the
additional criteria detailed below are met. Property titled in the name of the business or with
multiple owners, requires the permit applicant to show proof of owning a controlling interest in the
• Walton County ad-valorem taxes for the real property cannot be delinquent.
• Vehicle being registered for the permit must be four-wheel drive and be titled in the name of the
• Provide proof of real property ownership (deed or tax receipt) and/or residency to the Tax Collector
at the time of application.
• Charter permit applicants (limited to the first 20 applicants who meet requirements) must show
proof of residency, proof of current Coast Guard Captain’s License and proof of current Florida
Charter Fishing License.
• Charter permits require the boat and vehicle being registered for permit be owned by the charter
operator and be used for the charter operation.
For more information about revised ordinance: Vehicle Beach Permits- Revised Ordinance effective Jan. 15, 2010: Click here
Download application form: Download- Beach Driving/Launch Permit: Click here
Beach Driving Permit- Frequently Asked Questions
$105.00 – For 4-wheel drive vehicles to drive on the limited access areas of the beach only.
$30.00 – For a trailer decal for launching a boat. To be placed on the tongue of the trailer. NOTE: This Boat Launch Permit does not include personal watercraft.
All permits expire on June 1, regardless of the purchase date.
You may access the beach with your permitted vehicle at Grayton Beach and Inlet Beach.
Driving is prohibited from 10:00 p.m. until sunrise, with the exception of vehicles launching or recovering boats. All vehicles launching boats must be parked in the designated parking areas.
NOTE: Pursuant to Walton County Ordinance 2005-11, you may not launch a personal watercraft (i.e. Jetski, Waverunner) from the beach access. Launching personal watercraft for County or State owned properties or parks is strictly prohibited by these ordinances.