The UF/IFAS Panhandle Agriculture Extension Team will be offering a Beekeeping Short-Course in March, 2015. These classes will be offered via interactive video conferencing.
– Classes will be taught by Dr. Jamie Ellis and other state and nationally recognized experts from the University of Florida Honey Bee Research and Extension Lab and the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Bureau of Plant and Apiary Inspection.
– Monday, March 9: Honey Bee Biology, Anatomy & Hive Structure
– Monday, March 16: Bee Nutrition and Bee Botany (identification of nectar plants)
– Saturday, March 21: Bee-Yard Field Day 9 am to 12 pm – A hands on learning opportunity
– Monday, March 23: Important Pest and Diseases – Identification and Management
Class times are 6 – 8 pm central time.
Registration for all four classes is $20 per person, or $30 for a family. This fee covers course materials and light refreshments. Deadline to register is March 5, 2015. Call 850-892-8172 for more details and registration.