A voluntary evacuation order has been issued for low lying areas south of Hwy. 20, schools closed Nov. 10, 11
Walton County Sheriff’s officials are operating the Emergency Operations Center throughout the storm. For further information, contact the Sheriff’s Office Citizen Information Line at (850) 892-8392 or 892-8394. For information about county government closures and meeting cancellations, log on to the Board of County Commissioner’s website at www.co.walton.fl.us.
Walton County is under a state of emergency and a voluntary evacuation has been ordered for low lying areas south of Hwy 20.
· The Tuesday Walton Commissioner meeting has been cancelled and items will be moved to the meeting on the 24th.
· Walton County schools are on regular schedule Monday, but will be closed Tuesday. Walton schools will also be closed Wednesday for Veteran’s Day.
· The Walton Middle School Veteran’s Day program has been cancelled.
· Court has been cancelled for Tuesday, criminal cases are rescheduled for 8:30am Friday and civil will be announced at a later date.
· The City of Freeport will not have meetings Monday night or Tuesday night. Both meetings will take place later this month.
· Walton non-essential government services will close at noon Monday and will remain closed Tuesday.
· Freeport High School will open Monday afternoon as a hurricane shelter.
· The City of DeFuniak Springs government services will be closed at 2pm Monday and closed Tuesday.
· The DeFuniak Springs City Council meeting for Monday night has been cancelled.
· The DeFuniak Springs Smart Growth workshop Tuesday night has been cancelled.
· Garbage runs in DeFuniak Springs will end at 2pm Monday. No garbage pickup Tuesday. Tuesday garbage and garbage not picked up Monday will be picked up Wednesday. This is for DFS only.
· The DFS Veteran’s Day Program scheduled for Wednesday, November 11th at Magnolia Cemetery has been canceled. All Veterans are invited to attend a memorial service on November 11, 2009 at 10:00am at the Amvets Post #178 located at 4776 U.S. Highway 90 West. For more information, please call 892-4594.
· Life Enrichment Senior Center Closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
· Northwest Florida State College is on regular schedule Monday and the performance at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center will take place this evening.
· Northwest Florida State College will be closed Tuesday. The college will also be closed Wednesday for Veteran’s Day.
DEP offices, State parks and preserves close in preparation for Tropical Storm Ida
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Northwest District offices in Pensacola and Panama City are closed today due to the threat of Tropical Storm Ida. Fourteen state parks and one aquatic preserve office are also closed until further notice due to imminent weather conditions.
Locally closed parks:
Camp Helen State Park
Deer Lake State Park
Eden Gardens State Park
Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park
Grayton Beach State Park
Henderson Beach State Park
St. Andrews State Park
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
For closure updates and additional information, visit www.dep.state.fl.us or www.floridadisaster.org.