The South Walton Fire District is seeking professional open water lifeguards for the 2014 season. Position requirements include:
● at least 18 years of age
● high school diploma
● able to work weekends and public holidays
● in good physical condition
● possession of a valid driver’s license
● complete a 500 meter swim in less than 10 minutes
● complete a 1.2 mile beach run in less than 12 minutes
● successful completion of background check and drug screen
Upon employment, candidates must successfully complete the SWFD’s 40 Hour Open Water Lifeguard Orientation (USLA Curriculum), and Emergency Medical Responder/CPR Course.
Tryouts will commence Jan 11, 2014. Emergency Medical Responder/CPR Class will commence February 22. Entry level pay: $13.00 per hour/40 hour work week.
Lifeguard towers are located at the following (9) regional access points: Inlet Beach, Santa Clara Beach Access , Van Ness Butler Beach Access, Blue Mountain Beach, Gulfview Heights, Ed Walline Park, Dune Allen, Miramar Beach (2 locations)
Please visit the South Walton Fire District’s employment page at: http://www.swfd.org/