The South Walton Fire District’s (SWFD) Beach Safety Division is looking for professional open water lifeguards for the 2013 Season.
Position Requirements include:
• at least 18 years of age
• high school diploma
• able to work weekends and public holidays
• in good physical condition
• possession of a valid driver’s license
• complete a 500 meter swim in less than 10 minutes
• complete a 1.2 mile beach run in less than 12 minutes
• successful completion of background check and drug screen
Upon employment, candidates must successfully complete the SWFD’s 40 Hour Open Water Lifeguard Orientation (USLA Curriculum), and DOT First Responder Course.
Tryouts will be held once a week until Feb 13. DOT First Responder Class will commence February 23.
Entry level pay: $13.00 per hour/40 hour work week. Lifeguard towers are located at the following (9) regional access points: Inlet Beach, Santa Clara Beach Access , Van Ness Butler Beach Access, Blue Mountain Beach, Gulfview Heights, Ed Walline Park, Dune Allen, Miramar Beach (2 locations planned for 2013) If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit http://www.swfd.org/employment.php, complete the Application and return it to SWFD at 911 N. County Highway 393, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459-5371. Completed applications and questions may also be e-mailed to email@example.com