Race Series continues and locals take big wins at East Coast Paddleboard Championship
• Paddlefit: Every Saturday at Baytowne Marina – 9 a.m. – Come out and start the day off right! Debbie Hunter, owner of Grayton Beach Fitness, leads a great Paddlefit Class! $25/board or $10 byob. Call 850-622-5760 to reserve spot.
• Beginner class: Every Saturday at Grayton Beach boat launch – 8 a.m. – Jeff Archer leads beginner group class. $25/board or $10 BYOB. Space is limited. Call 850-622-5760 to reserve spot.
• Coming soon YOLOyoga – Details forthcoming
• Team YOLO wins at the East Coast Paddleboard Championship
YOLO Board LLC announces that Gary Wise, a member of Team YOLO Men, finished first in the over 12′ Stand Up Paddleboard Division of the 13th annual East Coast Paddleboard Championship in Ponce Inlet, FL on July 18th.
Wise, the South Walton Beach Safety Director, was also awarded the Michael O’Shaughnessy Award as the paddler with the fastest combined times in the Florida State, Key West Classic and East Coast Championships.
In the 12’ and under Stand Up Paddleboard Division, Team YOLO members Justin Cook, Lindsay Whittaker, and Sean Hughes finished first, second and third respectively.
In the women’s division, Mindy Livingston and Suzzy Spang from Orlando, and also on Team YOLO, finished first and second. All Team YOLO members were paddling stock 12’ YOLO Boards. The 6.5 mile race was presented by Maddog Surfboards, Leslie Rules, Bark Ocean and the East Coast Paddleboard Association.
• Results from July 23 race series at WaterColor:
The results from tonights ladies race:
1- On The Coast Magazine
3-Balance Health Studio
4-World Six Boutique
7-Big Daddy’s Buns in the Sun
Results from the Men’s race:
1-South Walton Lifeguards-Black
2-Wells Fargo Advisors
3-South Walton Lifeguards-Gold
4-Sunset Beach Services
7-The New Orchard Group
The final race of this series will be held on Thursday August 13th…An extravaganza is in the works, details to be announced soon!