Blue Mountain Surf is sponsoring a boys and girls surfing instruction program for all those who are good swimmers and love the beach. The program is geared for children ages 6-12 and held from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Designed to be way more than just a surfing lesson, your child will learn how waves are formed, what turtles eat, how to spot a rip-current and more, all while having a blast at the beach ! The curriculum for each subject has been specifically created for the Blue Mountain Surf School. The primary goals of the program are to:
• Introduce children to the healthy and confidence inspiring sport of surfing.
• Foster a sense of personal stewardship regarding beach and marine resource management.
• Provide a safe and exciting opportunity for learning and creative expression.
• Explore the broad range of occupations and academic interests related to surfing, beach management, and the coastal community.
• Introduce aspects of historical, as well as, modern-day surf culture.
• Promote friendly, environmentally responsible, coastal community living.
With the exception of severe weather, this event will run rain-or-shine. In the event of complete calm seas, stand up paddle boarding may be substituted for surfing instruction. In the unlikely event of dangerous seas, water activity may be canceled while land based activities proceed. In this case, alternative dates for group lessons will be offered and/or discounted rate individual lessons offered.
Surf School will provide:
• Surfing Instruction
• Hands on education regarding: Water, Safety, Ecology, Science, Art, Craftsmanship and more!
Tuition: $100 per school day (includes lunch, snacks, drinks, and a “Surf’s Cool” rashguard.
Location: Classes will be held either at Gulfview Heights or Blue Mountain beach access. Registrants will be notified.
Class size: Class size is limited to 8-12 students each day, so register early as the June 26th class is almost full.
Registration: Click here
Items to Bring: Each student should bring a bathing suit and sunscreen.