FWC hunting quota permits no longer being mailed

July 20, 2010

Hunters without Internet access can pick up permits at county tax collectors’ office

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) wants to make hunters aware that beginning this year, quota permits for general gun, archery, muzzleloading gun, family, youth, airboat and track will not be mailed out to successful applicants as they have been in the past.

Instead, the FWC is allowing hunters, who are awarded permits in the random drawings, to print the quota permits by going to www.fl.wildlifelicense.com and choosing “Limited Entry/Quota then Pickup/Pay for Awarded Permit.”  For detailed instructions on how to do this, go to MyFWC.com/Hunting and click “Limited Entry Hunts,” then “How to Print Your Limited Entry Hunt Permit Directly from the Website.”

Hunters not having access to the Internet or a printer can pick up their awarded quota permits at license agents or county tax collectors’ offices.  But, be prepared to give to the clerk, the 4-digit hunt number of the hunt you were awarded.  Hunt numbers are listed on the quota worksheets.

To check drawing results and permit availability, hunters may again go to MyFWC.com/Hunting and click “Limited Entry Hunts.”

Permits issued during phase I or II can be downloaded or picked up any time before the hunt ends.  However, if you obtain a quota permit during the first-come, first-served phase III, make sure to print it out at the end of the transaction.  If you go through a license agent or tax collector during this period, you will receive your quota permit from the clerk.
The exception is that mobility-impaired quota hunt permits will continue to be mailed to successful applicants.  Also, the legal game tags used in South Florida during track and airboat quota hunts, which are still required, will continue to be mailed to the awarded permit holders.

    1. I have applied for an archery permit (WMA) and would like to know the drawing date.

    1. i am trying to get a quota permit to hunt carry state forest it can be bow or gun can i apply here or how do i do it please let me know thanks mr campbell

    1. I am on permanent social security disability and am 65 years old,I received my licenses at no cost,is my licenses the same as a disabled permit. I did not ask for a disable license.

Comments are closed.