Walton area parks include Deer Lake, Grayton Beach (north of 30A), and Camp Helen State Park
Effective Monday, May 4, 2020 the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) will implement phase one to reopen the Florida State Parks. As these parks are re-opening, DEP will be taking measures to ensure the protection of staff and the public. During this early phase of re-opening, visitors should expect limited hours, capacity and amenities.
Phase one includes approximately 80 parks and trails throughout Florida. Portions of these parks and trails have been identified that can be reopened for day use with limited risk to visitors and staff.
The Northwest Florida State Parks reopening May 4 are:
- Blackwater Heritage State Trail
- Camp Helen State Park
- Deer Lake State Park
- Gainesville to Hawthorne State Trail
- Grayton Beach State Park (access north of 30a only)
- Lake Talquin State Park
- St. Marks River Preserve State Park
- Suwannee River Wilderness Trail
- Tallahassee-St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail
- Torreya State Park
For a complete list, go to: https://www.floridastateparks.org/learn/safety-updates