TALLAHASSEE— The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Florida Park Service will begin a new promotion, Go Play Weekday, starting Monday, January 18, 2010 in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Throughout the year, Go Play Weekday specials will highlight parks in each region of the state. During the promotional months, visitors pay 75¢ admission Monday through Thursday at featured state parks.
The first of several promotions planned in celebration of Florida State Parks’ 75th Anniversary, Go Play Weekday allows residents and visitors to explore featured parks for a ‘trial size’ price. The price is right for budget watchers, home schoolers and anyone ready for some outdoor recreation.
The Panhandle is the first area to be highlighted in the Go Play Weekday promotion. The six featured state parks offer bluffs, beaches, trails, rivers and lakes that provide ideal locations to hike, camp, fish, ride bicycles and enjoy the cool weather.
Parks offering entrance for 75 cents beginning Monday, January 18, 2010 through February 25, 2010, include:
• Blackwater River State Park, Holt Click here for park information
• Camp Helen State Park, Panama City Beach Click here for related story
• Grayton Beach State Park, Santa Rosa Beach Click here for related story
• Falling Waters State Park, Chipley Click here for related story
• Three Rivers State Park, Sneads Click here for park information
• Torreya State Park, Bristol Click here for park information Click here for related story
How it works: Mention ‘Go Play Weekday’ at the ranger station to get the special price. If the park has an honor box, just write ‘Go Play Weekday’ on the envelope and put in 75¢ instead of the full fee.
Promotions will change throughout the year, so check for updates on the Florida State Parks Web site at www.FloridaStateParks.org