Walton Outdoors is happy to announce we will be hosting the Explore The Outdoors Festival on Oct. 6, 2012. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport, Florida.
This fun filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. Hands on activities will include fishing, boating, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits and much more. The event is free, and open to the public. Donations will be accepted at the door. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Register upon entry for great giveaways.
Activities and presentations include:
• Fish Florida rod/reel giveaways for the first 180 children
• Fishing basics and ethics with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Learn to cast with Bass Pro Shop fishing pro
• Fishing with Wounded Warrior Fishing Charter
• “Pondtoon” rides along Black Creek
• Kayaking with South Walton Outfitters
• Stand up paddle boarding with YOLO Board Adventures
• Wildlife exhibit with Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge
• Nonie’s Ark animal encounters
• Birding in Northwest Florida with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida State Parks watershed and sea turtle interactive presentations
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Monarch butterfly migration tagging with naturalist Joe Wyatt
• Florida Sea Grant’s Small Fry Fishing Adventure with tips for Mom and Dad too
• Match the animal tracks with Emerald Coast Science Center
• Birds of prey with Lisa Miller of E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
• Burgers, hotdogs and soft drinks available for purchase
• Great giveaways for the children
Many thanks to our sponsors who helped Walton Outdoors make this wonderful event possible: 331 Pool and Beach Supply, Kindness Pet Hospital, For The Health of It Natural Food Store, Kiwanis Club of Freeport/South Walton, Fish Florida, The Alys Foundation, Gulf Coast Insulation, Jane Burns/Edward Jones Investments, Copy Systems, Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters, Bass Pro Shop and Copeland’s Gun and Tackle Shop.
About Walton Outdoors:
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County, Florida and surrounding area. Our mission is to educate and share information about great places to explore along with promoting outdoor family oriented activities. For more information call (850) 267-2064.