A great day for outdoor family fun
Walton Outdoors will be hosting our 10th annual Explore The Outdoors Festival on Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport, Florida. 32439 ::MAP::
This fun-filled day will introduce children to the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience. Hands on activities will include fishing, kayaking, wildlife, archery, interactive educational exhibits, giveaways and much more. The event is free for all ages. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Learn to fish on Black Creek with fishing pros
• Florida Fish and Wildlife fresh water fishing exhibit
• FISH FLORIDA fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Kayaking with the Episcopal Way of Love in Freeport
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing Backwater Tours, and Florida Boy Adventures
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Wildlife exhibit with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Florida Sea Grant exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Beekeeping exhibit with Jeff Chesser
• Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
• Florida Public Archaeology exhibit
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• South Walton County Mosquito Control exhibit
• North Walton Fire and Rescue exhibit
• Live music by Allen Rayfield with a side order of Catfish on the saw
• Food will be available for purchase from Black Creek Café
• On site parking
• Free admission
For more information, send us an email: email@example.com, or give us a call at (850) 267-2064.
Many thanks to our sponsors C.W. Roberts Contracting, FISH FLORIDA, Freeport Town Planters, Copeland’s Gun and Tackle, Bent Rod Fishing Club, and the many volunteers who help make this event a success.
About Walton Outdoors:
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County and northwest Florida. Our mission is to share great spaces to explore the outdoors, and to educate our readers on the wonders of nature.
Thank you sponsors:
• Freeport Town Planters Society
• Copeland’s Gun and Tackle • Bent Rod Fishing Club