Walton Outdoors is excited to announce we will be hosting our annual Explore The Outdoors Festival on Oct. 5, 2013. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport, Florida.
This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. Hands on activities will include fishing, boating, kayaking, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts and much more. The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up.
Activities and presentations include:
• Fish Florida rod/reel giveaways for the first 140 attendees
• Fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Boat rides
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge wildlife exhibit
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife exhibit
• South Walton Turtle Watch exhibit
• Florida State Parks Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• St. Andrew’s State Park exhibit
• Astronomy with Northwest Florida Astronomy
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Monarch butterfly migration tagging with wildlife naturalist Joe Wyatt
• Water safety with Freeport Fire and Rescue
• Nature based crafts with Freeport Planters and On The Coast Magazine
• Raffle for great items such two-night (off season) getaway in Northwest Florida from Wyndam Vacations, WonderWorks family passes and more
• Food and soft drinks available for purchase
• Great giveaways for the children
Sponsors include: For The Health of It, Gulf Coast Insulation, Kindness Pet Hospital, ResortQuest, Kiwanis of Freeport/South Walton, Jane Burns/Edward Jones, Freeport Planters Society, Big Daddy’s Bike Shop, Fish Florida!, Yellowfin Ocean Sports, Copy Systems, On The Coast Magazine.
About Walton Outdoors: Walton Outdoors is the online resource for outdoor adventure in Walton County, Florida and surrounding area. Our mission is to educate and share news about great places to explore and showcase outdoor family-oriented events. For more information call (850) 267-2064.