It was a perfect day outdoors for all explorers at the Sixth Annual Explore The Outdoors Festival. Hundreds of children and adults enjoyed a variety of activities along Black Creek at Live Oak Landing.
Hands on activities included fishing, rod/reel giveaways, kayaking, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts and much more.
Walton Outdoors would like to extend a hearty thanks to the wonderful exhibitors that participated in making the day a huge success:
• Live Oak Landing an RVC Outdoor Destination
• FISH Florida
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Emerald Coast Hydrobikes
• Freeport Parks and Recreation
• Wounded Warrior Fishing
• Snaggy Bend Outfitters
• E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
• Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife exhibit
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
• Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park
• Northwest Florida Astronomy club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Falling Waters State Park
• Washington County Tourist Development Council
• Tri-County Head Start
• Florida Public Archaeology Network
• Emerald Coast Science Center
• Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles
• Freeport Town Planters Society
• Deitrich’s Honey Farm
• Officer Snook Water Pollution Program
• Grayton Beach Catering and Kona Ice
We would also like to extend a hardy thanks to our incredible volunteers who made the extraordinary day possible. Thank you for your sharing the same passion of getting kids engaged in nature and the outdoors Sherry McCall, Kelly Roe, Steve Roe, Kerrie Thompson, Dana Akridge, Judi Russell, J.B. Hillard, Aubrey Davis, Kevin Griggs, Terry Przybylinski, Stan Przybylinski, Trinity Ciappio, and Tami Reinhart.
Thank you sponsors: Gulf Coast Insulation, FISH Florida, CHELCO,
Freeport Planters Society • C.W. Roberts • ResortQuest • Snaggy Bend Outfitters • Emerald Coast Hydrobikes • Holmes Creek Livery
Special thanks to Ace Hardware, DeFuniak Springs; Copeland’s Gun and Tackle Shop for their contributions.