Planting a vegetable garden in the spring is a great way to provide healthy food for your family since you may incorporate some all time favorites, such as beans or tomatoes, as well as adding vegetables better suited for warmer weather. Come learn about the unique opportunities available in a spring vegetable garden with plants suited for our area.
The Bay County Master Gardeners will be hosting a spring vegetable gardening seminar a the UF/IFAS Extension Bay County office, 2728 E. 14th Street, Panama City. The event is free.
- Vegetable gardening
- Warm season vegetable selections
- Attention to soils
- How to sample your garden soil
- Determining the fertility needs of your garden soil
- Soil pH (amount of acidity/alkalinity)
- Macronutrients – Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium (N, P, K)
For more information call 850-784-6105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.