The Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Recreation and Parks, announces a public meeting to which all persons are invited. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (CT). Presentation at 5:30 p.m. at Northwest Florida State College, South Walton Center, Room 120, 109 Greenway Trail (Off Highway 331 South), Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459.
GENERAL SUBJECT MATTER TO BE CONSIDERED: Presentation of the proposed unit management plan amendment for Grayton Beach State Park.
The purpose of this meeting is to receive public input on proposed improvements and facilities at Grayton Beach State Park.
Grayton Beach State Park is a 2,187.44-acre property located in Walton County, on County Road 30A.
Grayton Beach State Park is managed by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Recreation and Parks. The park is classified as a state recreation area under the DRP unit classification system.
The following developments/improvements are proposed for the Grayton Beach State Park Unit Management Plan Amendment:
• Develop a day use area in the western unit of the park.
• Provide boardwalk access to Little Redfish Lake with a paddling launch and observation deck.
• Provide access to the west end of the park beach by an existing boardwalk.
• Construct a 24-space parking area with one small restroom building.
• Restore segments of unused road and clearing to scrub natural community.
• Develop a tent camping area in the western unit of the park.
• Create up to 12 tent campsites along a short walking trail.
• Construct one bathhouse for tent campers.
• Provide access to the proposed day use area by connecting paths.
Comments will be taken at the public meeting. Participants and other interested
parties will also be able to submit additional written comments to the Division of
Recreation and Parks, Office of Park Planning at FLStateParkPlanning@dep.state.fl.us until Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
You may review the entire management plan amendment document at
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting is asked to advise the agency at least 48 hours before the meeting by contacting: Matthew Allen as listed above.
If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service, 1(800)955-8771 (TDD) or 1(800)955-8770 (Voice).