The Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge announces Springwild Children’s Camp at Harborwalk Village, Destin.
Fun, educational stuff that Springwild Camp kids get to do:
• Wildlife rehab and conservation awareness activities: learn the natural histories of native wildlife, close up encounters with live animals each day, animal rescue techniques, black bear program and fun science explorations.
• Learn all about marine wildlife by talking with the Refuge’s marine biologist, take part in a simulated stranded dolphin rescue, examine artifacts like a dolphin skull, flipper bones, whale teeth and baleen. Learn about threats to marine wildlife like marine debris and how to help protect marine animals.
• Crafts to make and take home and fun camp games throughout the week.
• Use seine nets to collect specimens, then identify and classify them. Sea turtle habitats and their vulnerability to nature and humans will be explored.
• Live animal ambassadors will be featured throughout the week including barred owl, screech owl, great horned owl, albino and melanistic corn snakes, gopher tortoise, gray fox, skunk, yellow bellied slider, flying squirrel.
Time: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Harborwalk Village, next to Starbuck’s
Cost: $150.00 per week, $30.00 per day
Ages: Grades 1-6
Campers will bring their own lunch. Snacks, juice, and water will be provided. Campers receive a Refuge t-shirt. All craft materials provided.
For more information or to register, please contact Susan Leveille at email@example.com or call 850-650-1880.