Harbor Docks in Destin is hosting their annual Cobia World Championships March 18 – May 9, 2016. Click here to register.
- This is a boat tournament.
- Boats must register before 5:00 pm prior to the first day of eligibility in the tournament.
- All fish must be brought to the weigh station at Harbor Docks on the same day fish is caught, and by the same boat on which fish is caught. Fish weighed in at other weigh stations may be brought by any means necessary, but must be on the same day the fish is caught.
- FAD Rules:The use of illegal fish aggregating devices (hereinafter called “FADs”) is strictly prohibited during the Cobia World Championships. For tournament purposes, FADs will be defined as any permanent or non permanent structure or device that is deployed into the Gulf of Mexico for the purpose of attracting fish to its location that has not met proper United States Coast Guard and/or Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission guidelines. Participating vessels and/or individuals found to have participated in the deployment of, assisted in deployment of, and/or acquisition of coordinates of previously deployed FADs from any source in 2016 will be disqualified from the Cobia World Championships pending results of a polygraph test. The captain/owner of each registered vessel must sign the FAD Rules Acknowledgment Waiver accompanied with the Official Tournament Entry Form to be eligible to participate in the Cobia World Championships. Any cobia knowingly or intentionally found, hooked, and/or caught on or near a FAD will not be eligible to be weighed in the Cobia World Championships. If in the course of traditional cobia sight fishing a cobia on or near a FAD is found, hooked, and/or caught that cobia will not be eligible to be weighed in the Cobia World Championships, unless it is determined that there was at no point any knowledge of said FAD. Participating vessels and/or individuals found to have knowingly caught and weighed any cobia on or near a FAD will be disqualified from the Cobia World Championships, pending results of a polygraph test.
- Intentionally snagging or foul hooking cobia is strictly prohibited. Any cobia determined to have been intentionally snagged or foul hooked will be disqualified.
- Fish caught on Stand Up Paddleboards may be brought to the scales via boat, truck, or other vehicle. The Stand Up Paddleboard used to land the fish must be brought to the scales as well.
- All fish must be caught on rod and reel.
- All fish must be a minimum of forty five (45) pounds for weigh-in eligibility in all divisions.