More than 10 million lights reflect on to the perfectly round spring-fed lake glowing in holiday splendor. Enjoy a holiday family tradition in DeFuniak Springs as Chipley Park lights up around the lakeyard with the annual Christmas Reflection displays. A variety of Victorian, animal and toy soldier cutouts, Santa’s workshop, and the grandfather clock ticking away are among the thousands of decorations which adorn Circle Drive. This event is orchestrated and hosted by the City of DeFuniak Springs.
Reflections is held the day after Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve nightly from 5 – 9 p.m. Admission is $3 per person, $35 Season Pass (for 6 person/vehicle.) Free for children 6 and under and can be purchased at the entrance on Circle Drive and Live Oak Ave.
Carriage rides are available on select nights during Christmas Reflections Light Show (November 27 – December 31) in historic DeFuniak Springs, FL. There is a separate fee of $10/person for the rides in addition to your light show entry fee. Rides are provided by High Horse Farms on the following nights:
- November 27-29 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). 5 – 9 pm
- December 4-6 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). 5 – 9 pm
- December 11-31 (Nightly) 5 -9 pm
What to do to secure a ride:
- You may drive directly to the carriage ride starting location at the First United Methodist Church, 88 Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs on any of the nights listed above. If you GPS the Christmas Reflections Light Show at 3 Circle Drive, you may be directed to the carriage ride location before you get to the main gate by detouring down 11th Street to the Methodist Church. Be alert for directional signs to the carriage rides. You can purchase your tickets to Christmas Reflections Light Show AND your carriage ride tickets at the same time at this location. These public rides will be available on a first come basis. OR
- You may wish to first enter the Christmas Reflections Light Show at 3 Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs, then pay your entry fee to the grounds. All cars must drive one way on Circle Drive to observe the lights. You will travel about two blocks when you will see the parking lot of the First United Methodist Church on your right where the carriage ride ticket booth is located. Once you secure a parking space in the church parking lot, you will then be required to purchase tickets for the carriage rides at the ticket booth. These public rides will be available on a first come basis. OR
- You may call High Horse Farms in advance for private ride reservations at (850) 978-2999.
Directions: Take U.S. Hwy. 331 to DeFuniak Springs. Turn north on Live Oak Ave. and follow to the entrance of Christmas Reflections on Circle Drive.
For more information contact DeFuniak City Hall at 850-892-8500.