- Take showers or baths at night.
- Lower the thermostat to 68 degrees or below.
- Turn off unnecessary lights.
- Unplug unnecessary electronics and appliances.
- Refraining from cooking, washing dishes and doing laundry during peak hours.
- Turn off the water heater breaker for a few hours.
- Do not use ventilation fans since they draw air outside.
Anything members can do to reduce consumption during peak hours will help CHELCO reduce demand, which stabilizes the cost of power. These savings are ultimately reflected in our members’ electric bills.
Reducing demand for power during peak hours will also assist CHELCO’s efforts to restore power should an unexpected outage occur.