A great day of outdoor family fun in store
Walton Outdoors is excited to announce we will be hosting our sixth Explore The Outdoors Festival on Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. along the beautiful Black Creek at Live Oak Landing, 229 Pitts Ave., Freeport. This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience.
Hands on activities will include fishing, kayaking, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts and much more. The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Food vendors will be on hand.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Fishing on Black Creek
• Fish Florida fishing rod giveaways
• Fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Kayaking with Snaggy Bend Outfitters
• Emerald Coast Hydrobikes
• Archery with Freeport Parks and Recreation
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing
• E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center exhibit
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife exhibit
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• Northwest Florida Astronomy club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Falling Waters State Park snake exhibit
• Washington County exhibit
• Tri-County Head Start fun
• Florida Public Archeology Network
• Emerald Coast Science Center
• Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles
• Nature based crafts
• Do it yourself wood crafts with Lowe’s
• Freeport Town Planters Society craft
• Deitrich’s Honey Farm
• Wood crafts
• Officer Snook Water Pollution Program
• Food purchases available from Grayton Beach Catering and Kona Ice
About Walton Outdoors: Walton Outdoors is the online resource for outdoor adventure in Walton County, Florida and surrounding area. Our mission is to educate and share stories about great places to explore and showcase outdoor family-oriented events.
Take CR3280 to McDaniel’s Fishcamp Road, (Black Creek General Store). Follow to the end. Live Oak Landing is on the left. ::MAP::
For more information call (850) 267-2064.
Thank you sponsors:
Freeport Planters • C.W. Roberts
Special thanks to Ace Hardware, DeFuniak Springs; Copeland’s Gun and Tackle Shop for their contributions.